Re: [TowerTalk] HF Antennas - Need Input

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HF Antennas - Need Input
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:18:39 -0500
This is getting a bit off the original question which was:
Was going for the Mosley PRO 67B or C but received alot of negative comments
about them. It appears my best solution for 40 meters to 10 meters maybe 2
beam antennas - one for 40 and one for 20 to 10 meters - comments?  Any
experience with the M2 3 element 40 meter mono bander and M2 17-30LP7 Log
Periodic (no 20meters). Also maybe a Tennadyne T8 or T10 above the 40 meter
3 element beam on the 60 foot guyed tower. Thanks Russ
When you compare a tribander at 80 feet to a 2el at 40 feet you need to
indicate the band being worked.  There is quite a bit of discussion in the
ARRL Antenna Book comparing Yagi antennas at various heights above ground,
and why some work better than others depending on location in the US.

If you want the best of all worlds, you will need to stack antennas.  Your
tribander stacked with your 2el might be a possibility albeit an unusual
one.  I think it can be modeled using EZNEC.

Keith NM5G