Re: [TowerTalk] Anti-climb panels for a crank-up tower

To: Craig Sande <craig.sande@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Anti-climb panels for a crank-up tower
From: David Jordan <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:45:45 -0400
You can clamp 6ft sections of 3/4" angle to the cross arms (using small
u-bolts or stainless hose clamps, but ensure these clamps don't interfer
with the moving section of the tower) on the bottom section above the
wench and run barb wire from the ends of the angle starting at the end
and moving in 3" for the second run, etc. till you get to the within 4"
of the tower face.  This should prevent anyone from climbing while
giving clearance for the winch cables.

This isn't going to prevent some kid from getting intangled in the winch
or fooling with the the cables and winch. You'd prolly still be liable
if something happened to the trespasser.  You really should reconsider a
nice fence surrounded with fir trees or bushes, etc.

Good Luck,
dave
wa3gin