Re: [TowerTalk] Struts on the KT 34 XA

To: thompson@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Struts on the KT 34 XA
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:31:09 EDT
Dave

I have known guys to put up 50 feet of unsupported Rohn 25 too.  Just because
someone does it doesn't mean it's a good idea.  I highly recommend replacing
the guys

I have lots of KLM antennas and several of them are KT34XAs.  Yes, there is
very little sag without the truss guys, but they are there for a reason.  The
later XAs came with Phillystran for the guys.  I believe it is 1200 LB test.
You can use that with cable clamps of the appropriate size, or go to stainless
aircraft cable.

Bill K4XS