Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking Distance 10-20 Meters?

To: Rich Hallman - N7TR <rich@n7tr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking Distance 10-20 Meters?
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:43:35 -0400
Rich:  I ran your parameters thru MARC and here is what it said:

Assuming 16 feet above the tower and 8 feet inside tower to rotator with
10M7 1 foot above tower, 15M6 7 feet above tower and 20M5 at the top.

With 2 inch x .25 wall you need 275,000 pounds, which would be a custom
stainless heat treated tube.  1026 DOM 2" by .25 wall aint' nearly stout
enough.

With 3 inch x .25 wall you need to use 4130 tube or similar.

Way to much load here.  Reversing the antennas, putting the 20 at the
bottom and ten at the top will help some.  I did not run it thru the
calculator.

In my opinion they are just too close together to put all three on one
mast. You will have some degredation, particularly of the 15 beam.  And,
that is quite a lot to put on any unsupported mast.  73 bob de w9ge