Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor disassembly

To: "Dick Burke" <k7rb@tantella.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor disassembly
From: "Roger K8RI on Tower" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:04:48 -0400
Wait a minute:

It's been a long time since I had one let alone taking it apart, but...  I
thought there were 5 or 6 1/4-20  screws around the outside edge of the
rotor holding the retaining ring on.  Maybe it was only 4 but these had
screw heads, not bolt heads and the tops were flush with the bottom of the
ring.  Admittedly mine was one of the very early Ham-M rotors.

I remember 4 hex head bolts holding the base on, but that has nothing to do
with dismantling the rotor

Femoving the bolts from the outside edge of the rotor should just let that
retaining ring fall..  Even if it is held on with bolts, breaking the heads
off should let it fall.   The only thing to prevent that would be if the
whole ring were epoxied, or glued to the upper bell.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com