[TowerTalk] Aermotor Windmill Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aermotor Windmill Tower
From: "Doug Rehman" <rehman@surveil.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:48:46 -0400
After quite a bit of delay, I am back to refurbishing a 57' Aermotor 3
legged windmill tower (model MP-5 I believe) and have a couple of questions:

1) During disassembly, several of the 1/4" round braces got bent (If you're
not familiar with this type of tower, these are very flexible/bendable).
They were quite tight before being bent and will be a real chore to put back
on. I am trying to figure out a method to stretch/straighten them into place
during assembly. Does anyone have any tips?

2) The tower didn't originally have lock washers under the nuts, should I
add them? (The assembly instructions and diagram do not show any lock
washers.)

Doug
K4DDR