Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a tiltover tower

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a tiltover tower
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 12:11:43 -0700
Have a look at
http://www.n6rk.com/falling_derrick_gme/falling_derrick_gme.html for a
lot of info on the falling derrick method.

We used this method on FD to erect 40 ft of Delhi tower with a TH3 on
top and a 2m/70cm gain vertical on top of that.  Used a 20 ft wooden
extension ladder for the "derrick".  Used 4 way guying so 3 guys of the
right length could be attached to the anchors.  Once it's up, the 4th
guy is attached.  One person pulled on the rope tied to the top of the
ladder and, to everyone's amazement, up she came.  Takes quite a while
to rig, though.

Hope this helps

73 de Jim Smith   VE7FO