Re: [TowerTalk] klm kt34 help

To: "Towertalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] klm kt34 help
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 01:21:46 -0000
From: "Norman J McSweyn" <normn3ykf@stny.rr.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 12:43 AM
Subject: [TowerTalk] klm kt34 help

> Hi all,
> I'm in a quandry. My antenna swr has changed. The swr has increased
> on the whole of 20m. On 20, it is like the sweet spot is now above
> the band rather than where it should be. The other bands are
> different, too.
> changed:
> new balun from m2
> new feedline
> The good news is that the antenna is on a 10ft section of tower on
> my (flat) roof. It'll be on the roof at 730 am.
> Any Ideas????

Connect a DC ohmmeter between the 10 meter capacitor tube and the 15
meter capacitor tube on each element half. This reading should be less
than about 0.5 ohm, after subtracting the resistance of the ohmmeter
leads. This one reading checks the electrical integrity of every
connection in the element half.

Then, connect the ohmmeter across the two halves of the rear driven
element. Once again, you should see less than about 0.5 ohm. This one
reading checks electrical integrity through the phasing straps,
matching section, and balun.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.