Re: [TowerTalk] heres my advice by Pyrod tower and be done with ittowern

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] heres my advice by Pyrod tower and be done with ittowernovice seeks advice
From: "Bill VanAlstyne, W5WVO" <w5wvo@cybermesa.net>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 20:23:02 -0600
Some catch-up data for y'all on "Pyrod" Tower:

1) It's PiRod, not Pyrod. Googling for the oft-misspelled name "Pyrod" will get
you a lot of hits, but none of them are much good.  :-)

2) PiRod was purchased by Valmont Industries, Inc., in 2001. The acquisition and
consolidation of PiRod was completed in 2003. PiRod towers are still
manufactured in Plymouth, Indiana, now by the Specialty Structures division of
Valmont.

3) The history of PiRod can be found here:
http://www.valmont.com/asp/communication/specialty_structures/asp/pirod.asp

4) The company's current PiRod products can be found here:
http://www.valmont.com/asp/communication/specialty_structures/asp/default.asp

There is a lot of obsolete data on the web about PiRod, much of it reinforced by
the often-repeated misspelling of the original company's name.

Hope this helps a bit --

Bill / W5WVO