Re: [TowerTalk] Ground strap to water pipe

To: garyschafer@comcast.net, martin.ewing@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground strap to water pipe
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:44:30 +0000
tnx Gary; i did not mean to imply that bronze (not brass my mistake) was the
only way; it's just one way.  s.s. fine too.

73,
rob/k5uj

From: Gary Schafer <garyschafer@comcast.net>
To: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
CC: "ny6dx@netscape.net" <ny6dx@netscape.net>, "\"Rob Atkinson, K5UJ\""
<k5uj@hotmail.com>,  towertalk@contesting.com
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:09:44 -0400

You don't want a zinc clamp. It will be fine with the water pipe but not
with the copper wire / strap.

Bronze clamps (not brass) are ok with both galvanized and copper. But you
still do not want the copper touching the galvanized pipe. If you were
connecting a copper wire to the galvanized pipe then one of those bronze
ground clamps  with the separate screw for the wire would be just fine. You
still could use it with the strap but you will not be able to use the full
surface area of the strap to clamp to.

The stainless is fine with both galvanized and copper.

73
Gary  K4FMX