Re: [TowerTalk] SWR is what SWR meter measures

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SWR is what SWR meter measures
From: Marijan Miletic <s56a@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:03:05 -0700 (PDT)
W8JI> The typical SWR bridge compares the voltage
across the transmission line to current through the
line. Every bridge we commonly use works that way.

HF SWR bridges work as described above but on VHF
directional couplers are used sensing direct and
reflected power.  My HF SWR meter is made of 4"
coaxial conductor with two additional lines inserted
bellow shield.  Ge diodes are used for RF detection on
oposite ends with terminating 50 Ohms resistors.  This
simple device vividly explains bidirectional power
path.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

http://mail.yahoo.com