Re: [TowerTalk] TH3 to 12/17

To: ve6yc@shaw.ca, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TH3 to 12/17
From: K4BEV@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 23:16:10 EDT

In a message dated 5/14/05 10:04:20 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ve6yc@shaw.ca writes:

Has any  one tried to convert an old TH-3 to a 12/17 meter beam?

Just a passing  thought as I could move my 5 elem 6 meter beam
up to 77 feet from 35 feet  and drop the modified beam on my
35 foot  tower.

Peter;

I had an Explorer 14 at 63 feet, and bought a TH7 later which replaced the
Explorer.
The TH7 was a great improvement - and still is.
I then put the Ex14 on my 30' tower.
The Explorer works some stations that I can't even hear on the TH7 -
Including Africa!
Also FB on fairly close in domestic stations, as expected.

Modifying one may be an excellent idea, but I would put one of the TH3s  down
fairly low and try it out before getting rid of it.

GL es 73,
Don - K4BEV