Re: [TowerTalk] Does a Shunt Fed tower Care...?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Does a Shunt Fed tower Care...?
From: K2EK@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 09:24:47 EDT
Does it matter if they all radiate from one or two attachment points/legs at
the base of the tower or do they need to be spread out on a ground buss?
Would it be okay to have a copper pipe buss around the perimeter of the 5 x 5
cement pad and attach them to that?

I would think it doesnt make any difference to worry about symetry aqt the
tower base as you have your house in a major part of the radial field.

On my shunt feed, I eventually ran a loop of 1/4" copper tubing around the
base.  I found it made attachment easier as I added radials over the years

Bill
K2EK