[TowerTalk] Crankup Tubular Tower Info

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crankup Tubular Tower Info
From: Mike Newman <mnewman@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 18:32:24 +1200
Hi

I'm looking for info on the Wilson and other tubular crank-ups.

We don't get to see this make of mast here in ZL, but since I have some lengths
of heavy wall steel pipe, I would like to build something like the Wilson
crank-up.

Can someone tell me what the tower comprises, and how it is assembled?

Are the nesting tubular sections all circular or are some square in section?

How is rotation of one section within the other prevented - ie  is there a
keyway or similar.

Thanks de MikeN,    ZL1BNB