Re: [TowerTalk] Aluma Crank Up Towers

To: nd8l@juno.com, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluma Crank Up Towers
From: Jamesnf@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 11:01:34 EDT
Ray:

I haven't owned an Aluma tower, but I did look at the print of their free
standing base.  It looks amazingly like the EZWay tower free standing base I
had
back in the early 70's.  I had EZWay's 50 ft two section crankup-foldover
mounted on the no-concrete, free standing base.  It worked like a charm.  My
backyard was easily accessible so I just had a truck mounted auger come in and
drill the hole.  It took about five minutes!  Then a couple buddies and I put
the
base in and backfilled with sand.  I can vouch that the concept worked fine,
but I don't know about Aluma's execution other than having looked at the print
and noting the similarity.

Jim W9TM