Re: [TowerTalk] End feeding a half-wave vetical

To: "'Jim Smith'" <jimsmith@shaw.ca>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] End feeding a half-wave vetical
From: "Buck - N4PGW" <n4pgw-list1@towncorp.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 09:43:21 -0400
Have you considered a coaxial dipole design?  It can be made several ways.
The most popular is to fold back the shield 1/4 wave over the outer jacket
of the coax leaving 1/4 wave center conductor.  The antenna is end fed, no
matching (it still needs the 1:1 balun, loop, or ferrite beads to keep the
radiation from following the jacket).  It can be made by running the coax
through the center of a piece of copper or aluminum tubing, or using copper
braid.  They work well as vertical or horizontal antennas and it will fit
your requirements below.

Good luck
Buck
N4PGW