Re: [TowerTalk] Securing The Cables to the Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Securing The Cables to the Tower
From: "Randy Martin" <rkmassoc@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 20:22:22 -0600
One more not so obvious suggestion.  I think KH6IJ made this helpful
hint years ago.  You'll be tempted to run the cables up the inside of
the tower for neatness.  Don't.  Run them on the outside of the tower.
It makes it a LOT easier to put up and take down the cables if you
aren't constantly having to fish them up the inside.

I second (third?) the suggestion to wrap the copper wire around the
bundle two or three times before tying things off on the tower.  That
really seems to help support the weight of the cables more and keeps
everything nice and tidy.  I only do this every third or fourth tie off,
which is usually at one of the ten foot intervals of my Rohn towers.