[TowerTalk] Antenna Questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Questions
From: K8fu@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:01:03 EDT
Gm To All...................

I would like to pose a few questions regarding my antenna installs here on
the "Lilly Pad"
1. I have a F12 EF140/D that I will be installing at 114'. In the tuning
instructions using their calculations for 110' they state the antenna should be

tuned for 7.120 for final resonance at 114' @ 7.045. I am tuning the antenna
on  a pair of sawhorses 3' off the ground. The manual states that the linear
But in  fact to achieve this resonant freq I am in fact 51' away from the
spreaders.  That is with the hairpin match attached. Am I missing something
here
or is the  manual wacky ??

2. I have 2 towers. One at 100' and the other at 60' with 280' seperation  in
a west to east path. I'm soliciting ideas for the most effective 80m antenna
for domestic contests only. I live near Ft Smith, AR. I currenly envision my
options to be a regular 80m dipole, a full wave dipole, or a Delta Loop fed
at  the apex.
Since my property is mostly trees I have room for only one  loop.
Your thoughts and ideas on these issues would be greatly appreciated.