Re: [TowerTalk] installing monster masts in towers(and?twothrustbearings

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] installing monster masts in towers(and?twothrustbearings)
From: "Kirk" <kirk.harding@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 08:11:57 -0500
Dick,

This is a good point and one that I've also thought about.  I've just
purchase the mast raising fixture (MRF) for my TX472.  I have a top
thrust bearing but am wondering if I need another thrust bearing near
the rotator?  As you point out Dick, this will keep the mast centered
while rising.  I hate to purchase another thrust bearing and bearing
mount just to keep the mast stable while it's being raised into
position.  Is there any less costly way to accomplish and maintain mast
stability?  The mast I'm using is 20 feet in length and near the top of
the mast will be the STEPPIR four element.  Lots of weight to control
while the mast is being raised and then lowered onto the Orion rotator!!

Kirk, K6KAR
Niceville, FL