Re: [TowerTalk] Copper pipe for ground rods?

To: "JC Smith" <jc-smith@comcast.net>,"'Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)'" <nv8a@att.net>,"'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Copper pipe for ground rods?
From: k6el@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:54:16 +0000
Alan,
I have used both the copper clad steel rod, and copper 3/4" copper pipe on
several grounding applications in different soil textures. (from rocky clay to
loam)
Aside from the obvious cost advantage of  copper pipe, I really prefer the pipe
for it's ease of installation.  If you have a source of pressurized water and a
hose, it is a piece of cake to hydro-jet a 10 foot section into just about any
soil including dense clay or fiable rocky material including granular volcanic
material on the the Big island of Hawaii. (about 3" minus)
Once you try this method, you will never go back to any other.

Jon
K6EL