[TowerTalk] C31XR Truss Mounting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C31XR Truss Mounting
From: "Dave W7DPW" <w7dpw@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:42:49 -0700
After a number of years just sitting in storage, my C31XR is now about
ready to go on the tower. I have one question as to the Truss attachment
to the mast. The directions are not too clear. It states to run the
cable to the center mast position and attach to the mast using the 2"
U-bolt and saddle.

I'm not sure just how to attach it using the U-Bolt. Is the cable just
run inside the U-Bolt and when it's tightened, it holds the cable
against the mast ?   This seems very odd.

Please give me some guidance, I'll call Tom if I don't get a reply soon.

Thanks in advance,

Dave W7DPW
Vancouver, WA