Re: [TowerTalk] Small HF Yagi

To: WN3R@arrl.net, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Small HF Yagi
From: Jeff Stai WK6I <wk6i@twistedoak.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:33:40 -0700
hi - one thing I have considered doing when I get to do what you are doing,
is to mount a 3-element steppir on a swing or other mount that will give 180
degrees of travel - then you use that '180' button on your steppir
controller to get the rest. For example, from here (W6) I would mount it so
that it swung from 90 to 0 to 270 to cover EU, all of the US, and back to JA
and the pacific, and pick up SA and VK/ZL off the 180 side (which I often do
anyway with my single steppir). You would also have less potential
interaction than you would with a traditional tribander, since each antenna
is a monobander wherever it is tuned for. And you could put them on the same
band and stack them...

hope this helps! - jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai               jds@twistedoak.com