Re: [TowerTalk] Installing a New Tower - Trylon Titan T200-96'

To: "'Jim Lux'" <jimlux@earthlink.net>,Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Installing a New Tower - Trylon Titan T200-96'
From: Paul Ewing <pewing@plxtech.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:26:22 -0700
I have two towers up at my San Jose home. A 40ft crankup with a 6 element
yagi and a 15ft ground mounted tower with a 144/440 Vertical on it. I put
them up 15 years ago after my first visit to the City of San Jose. At that
time, they said a permit is required, they don't issue them and I did like
everyone else does, I simply put them up. I have been very fortunate in that
I have had them up for 15 years w/o any complaints. In addition, I have
outlasted all of the original neighbors. Each and every neighbor has moved
into their home since the towers were up.  Last Friday, San Jose planning
dept told me the same thing. A tower permit is required. They don't issue
them. They said they are the least of my worries. HOA's and Noisy neighbors
usually kill any tower project in the early stages. I am hoping to replace
my 40ft tower with a tower at 55ft and a slightly larger Yagi. San Jose has
yet to define an official tower permit policy. They are short staffed and
focus on larger revenue generating projects such as malls and tract
developments. I am going to move forward and "do what everyone else does"
Thank you all for your varied and passionate input.

Paul N6PSE