Re: [TowerTalk] Guy detailing

To: <jonklinkhamer@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy detailing
From: "Ron Hylton" <ad7l@hevanet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:36:30 -0700
Hi Jon,

When I layed out my tower, which is also on uneven terrain, I rented a
transit level from the rental department of the local Home Depot.  Both the
horizontal and vertical axis of the transit are marked in degrees, so
achieving the 120 degree separation on the horizontal axis was a snap.  To
determine the distance from the tower, to take into account the terrain,
required some trigonometry, but it worked out great.  I can provide you with
more info about how exactly I performed the calculations, if you would like.
I set-up an Excel spreadsheet to assist in finding the right spacing to
achieve the same angle for the top guy wires with respect to the tower for
the three anchors.

73,
Ron  AD7L
Hillsboro, OR