Re: [TowerTalk] 135 foot dipole, 300 ohm twinlead (more)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 135 foot dipole, 300 ohm twinlead (more)
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:58:58 +0000
W2ML suggested:

>Have any of the antenna guru's figured out that the color burst
>frequency of a TV is
>3.579545 MHz?

No, it's 4.433something Mc.  ;^)

Even when I do feed 3.579something Mc burst video into me telly, no TVI -
even if I'm on 80m.

Don't think I have anything that isn't */* system
(B-through-N/PAL-SECAM-NTSC).

A typical consumer telly will not reproduce chrominance properly if burst is
not very far off (~100 cycles).

RF in the vicinity might give it some grief, but it's up to the telly to deal
with fact that M/NTSC chroma is where it is.

73, VR2BrettGraham