Re: [TowerTalk] San Jose zoning re: antennas

To: jimjarvis@ieee.org
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] San Jose zoning re: antennas
From: K2EK@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:21:39 EDT
In 1988, In Metuchen, NJ, I lost my variance request, "because I
didn't prove that I needed a 70' tower".  (Even though I had clearly
done so.)  Spent well over a kilobuck on attorney's fees staging the
war.

Holy Moly

50% setback???

Geez.  I am building a new house in what most people would call the middle of
no-where
75 miles north of NYC.

My property is 13 acres.  My nearest neighbor is some 700 feet away.  Yet
still, I must conform to a minimum 200% setback

Since only 5 acres of that 13 are "hilltop", in effect I am limited to
something like 100 feet.
Considering the local mindset - I am glad I can get that much...

de Bill
K2EK