Re: [TowerTalk] rope recommendations?

To: <jimjarvis@ieee.org>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rope recommendations?
From: "Van K7VS" <wa7fab@cdsnet.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:21:23 -0700
For the last twenty five years I have used something called "Tuna Line" some
of it has never been replaced and was used previously on the Oregon Coast
overlooking the Pacific Ocean and subjected to storms, salt water, sun and
soforth.  I brought it with me to Medford which is extremely hot with lots
of sunshine.  It has been up here at our place in Medford for fourteen years
now.  It is still in use today and is the only thing I ever use for hanging
wire antennas.

It does not seem to deterirate with age and does not fray across pulleys or
trees!!  It is about 1/4 inch and stays supple.  Knots come out of it
easily.  Sounds to good to be true, doesn't it!  But it really works and is
great stuff.

Now, I discovered it by chance when living on the Oregon coast and was told
that commercial fishermen use it all the time on board their vessels for
pulling nets and so on.  It is not very expensive and you should be able to
find it at a commercial fishing supplier.  I have had it shipped to me here
in Medford for some additional needs and will give you the name and
telephone of the company in case you decide to order some.  They do ship and
take credit cards.  The company is:  Englund Marine Supply Co and their
phone number is 541 888-6723 in Charleston, Oregon just outside of Coos Bay,
Oregon.

Hope this helps.  And finally, it comes in various thicknesses and I would
recommend the stuff that is about 1/4 inch in diameter.

Van, K7VS