Re: [TowerTalk] Ground level and sea level

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground level and sea level
From: doc <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:22:40 -0400
I think it is relevant to those of us who live in very flat
areas such as most of Florida where storm surge is relevant.

Otherwise, it may be relevant as a common point of reference
re. topography, e.g. if I told you that the grade on my property
sloped in various directions and my 60 foot tower was at a high
point of 40 feet above sea level and that the 55 foot tree to
which I want to stretch a 160M antenna crossed a shallow ravine
15 feet above sea level to a a point 30 feet above sea where the
tree stood would that not help you to visualize the terrain
below the antenna which may or may not impact NVIS or other
characteristics?

Just postulating ... doc

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e

           |_|___|_|
           | | & | |
              {|
      /\      {|
     /  \     {|
    /    \    {|
============\ #    West Central Florida
http://bibleseven.com
Ham PC = 100% Linux Novell-Suse 9.2
Halli, Heathkit, Homebrew, MFJ, TenTec, Yaesu
Radio Life: http://www.gospelcom.net/twr/
Linux-Incompatible hardware is defective!