Re: [TowerTalk] Beefing up Aluminum Beam Elements

To: "jim fox" <w0hfg@hotmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beefing up Aluminum Beam Elements
From: kb9cry@comcast.net (Phil Camera)
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 19:29:14 +0000
"I plan to increase the  tubing thickness for the longest two elements for
approx the 1st 10 ft out from the boom."

This may be OK and possibly rig up a guying arrangement to hold these long
elements in place.

"I have a Tennadyne Log that just is not physically strong enough to last
out here in the wind and ice of Western Kansas"

Maybe you answered your own question.  If the antenna is not rugged enough,
then it's not rugged enough and you need a different design/model.

--
Phil - KB9CRY
Lockport, IL