[TowerTalk] screw anchor depth

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] screw anchor depth
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:50:41 -0400
I have tried to find the answer to the following question in the Rohn
literature, to no avail.  Perhaps one of the towertalk "experts" can
provide practical advice.  How deep does one need to screw in a Rohn
GAS604 screw anchor to achieve approximately the rated capacity?  The
anchors themselves are 46 inches long in total.  It would seem to me
that about 12 inches out of the soil would be about correct.  Anyone?
thanks.  73 bob de w9ge