Re: [TowerTalk] Radio remote control?

To: Ian White GM3SEK <g3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radio remote control?
From: Larry Phipps <larry@telepostinc.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:21:20 -0400
Ian, check out
http://www.controlanything.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NCD&Product_Code=R165W1LR

It is a 16-channel wireless relay board with relays. It uses 418 mHz and
has more than enough range. You connect the transmitter to a serial port
and send commands from your computer. You can expand by adding more
boards if you need them, and can get boards with various styles and size
relays.

They only offer simple DOS command line software to control it, but they
do offer ActiveX plugins and I am expanding my relay control software
apps to support their boards in conjunction with a remote control
article I have  written that will appear in the September issue of QST.
I am also thinking about a hardware controller based on a PIC, but the
software conrtroller is much more flexible.

Check out my website for more info on the software.

73,
Larry N8LP
www.telepostinc.com