Re: [TowerTalk] Remote control

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Remote control
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 01:11:34 -0500
I didn't see that reference.  It is a good one.  Exactly the information
I was trying to convey, with more detail.

When you have something as complicated as what N6RK was building, it may
justify trying to do switching like this, but as you can see from the
reference you gave, it is not easy.  When you try to apply this to a
dual band dipole, I don't think it is worth the effort.  Why not just do
something simple like adding a trap.  OK, so a trap narrows the
bandwidth, but this shouldn't be a problem on 30 and 40 meters.

Jerry, K4SAV