Re: [TowerTalk] remote stations

To: "Bob Kellow, W5LT" <W5LT@comcast.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>, "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] remote stations
From: "WA3GIN at King George" <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 16:25:37 -0400
The Kenwood TS-480 comes with free Internet Remote software that provide
FULL FUNCTION of the radio, including VOIP for the audio.  I run two
Internet Remote Stations one on a dial-up 50 miles south of WDC and one in
Arlington, VA using DSL.  Both using TS-480SAT.  Even run RTTY. Not a
problem.

Ran a TS-2000 the same way.  You just need a PC at the remote host site.

W7KW is using LANTRONICS hardware to eliminate the need for a computer on
the remote host side so it gets even easier.

73,
dave
wa3gin