[TowerTalk] The CW filter and dumbing down

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] The CW filter and dumbing down
From: Wt8r@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:35:39 EDT
Steve Medndelson wrote:

"Examining the myths of CW we find at the top of the list "CW kept the CBers
out."

Anyone who does understand this is clearly out of touch with reality.

"Surface mount technology has made it very difficult

I see no correlation between SMT and the CW requirement to obtain a ham
license.

About two years ago, I think the ARRL did a poll to determine whether hams
wanted a no-code license.  As I remember, the over whelming majority of hams
DID
NOT want it, but the ARRL went ahead and did it.

This is just more Executive blather from the ARRL to justify doing whatever
they want to do and a reason that ARRL membership is declining.

Dave, WT8R