Re: [TowerTalk] FORCE-12 C4XLD YAGI

To: towertalk@contesting.com, K6YE@MSN.COM
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FORCE-12 C4XLD YAGI
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 00:35:38 EDT
In a message dated 7/26/2005 5:47:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

>  To All,

>  I am finally at the point where I will be assembling my C4XLD yagi. My
tower is a Hy-Gain HG54-HD. While pop rivets are supplied, I have heard that
some
users have resorted to using stainless screws, nuts, and lockwashers. Which
method is best and why? Thanks, in advance, for your input.

    Let me suggest following the LXC Prime Directive and "DO what the
manufacturer says". The rivets are a nifty solution for element attachment - a
definite improvement over hoseclamps.

    Only caveat - put 2 or 3 rows of rivets at each point if you live in a
high wind area and they won't work loose.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC