Re: [TowerTalk] aircraft bearing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] aircraft bearing
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 15:41:37 -0500
Nothing beats a chunk of UHMW for a bearing.   Been running them
for MANY years and I know that W7RM used them long before I did.

A one inch thick block has been holding an 8L 15M Yagi in the CO winds
for better than a decade.  And another one has been holding a 6L 20M KLM.
No rust, no lubrication, easy to make using a table saw and a hole saw.

With just a bit more effort you can support both the horizontal load and
the vertical load.  Maybe I should start making them to sell.

73--John  W0UN