[TowerTalk] need help on using some free coax

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] need help on using some free coax
From: "Al Williams" <>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 19:35:50 -0700
I was given a couple partly filled spools (~24" diam) of what appears to be 75
ohm coax.  The only identification is COMMSCOPE  on the coax and Migraheal on
the spool.  It has braid wrapped over foil with a very sticky substance between
them and also to the foam.around the center coax.  The jacket is quite thick
and not very pliable.

I tried soldering to the braid and to the foil without much success.  The
sticky stuff is hard to work with.  I don't know if this coax is good for RF
but am planning on using it to bring the M2 2800 rotator pulses back from the
tower which requires a 400' run.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.