[TowerTalk] M2 2800 rotator questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] M2 2800 rotator questions
From: Gary.Stone@med.va.gov
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 12:05:07 -0500
Hi TT,

I have two questions about the M2 2800 rotator and hope this is appropriate
place to ask.  First, I am interested in computer control.  I have no RS-232
ports left on my computer but I do have USB ports.  Will a USB to Serial
converter work ok for that application?  If so, the program (logging program
XMLog) asks for the port number for rotator control. Does a USB port get
assigned a port number (like comm1, comm2, etc.)?  I know my comm1 is a
RS232 and likewise my second RS232 is comm2 but my USB ports don't seem to
have a number?

Lastly, The ads for the m2 states there is "10 presets and 1 flexible
pre-set" but I can't find anything in the manual about a 'flexible preset?'

Thanks,

Gary Stone, N5PHT