[TowerTalk] More Sparky Questions

Subject: [TowerTalk] More Sparky Questions
From: Steve London <>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 13:57:32 -0400
Thanks to everyone for their extremely helpful suggestions on dealing with my
hilltop rock QTH.

It looks like the most reasonable things to do are:

1) Install a number of copper strip radials from the tower base along the

2) Ground the bulkhead to the AC service ground.

Now, here's the dumb questions ....

Let's assume I want to create a copper ring around the tower, and attach the
copper strips to the copper ring.

- Which of the Polyphaser (or other) products let me clamp a copper strip to a
Rohn 45 tower leg ?  I see a number of Polyphaser TK-series clamps that look
like hose clamps.  Okay, that goes around the tower leg, but now I need to
securely attach the copper strip to the clamp.  Another SS hose clamp on top,
?  Is this even the right product to use ?

- How should I attach the copper strips to the copper ring ?  Clearly, I want
much surface area of the copper strap to be in contact with the copper ring as
possible. I presume that soldering is a no-no for this purpose ?

Steve, N2IC/5

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.