Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding & Generator Questions

To: "'Towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding & Generator Questions
From: "Doug Rehman" <rehman@surveil.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 14:22:45 -0400
Gene:

I may not have been clear enough in my description. I plan to use one
generator, with an auto transfer switch which prevents back-feeding the
utility, for the house which has its own meter and panel. I plan to use the
second generator, with an auto transfer switch which prevents back-feeding
the utility, for the office/shack which has its own meter and panel. There
are no issues with paralleling the generators, because they will be feeding
entirely separate panels/circuits.

As to using the conduit as ground, I wasn't referring to the electrical
safety ground. I am trying to follow best practices and use a single point
ground and thus need to tie the shack's ground to the power meter ground. My
question pertains strictly to the issue of using the conduit as the
connection for the spg.

Doug
K4DDR