[TowerTalk] 160 antenna

To: "Towertalk" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160 antenna
From: "Tom Osborne" <>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:12:10 -0700
HI Guys

In working the NAQP last night, I had quite a few requests to QSY to 160 from
80.  On 80 I am using a ~130 foot center fed zepp.  Going to 160 only requires
a quick re-tune of the tuner so that's no problem.

Question is, if I were to add to the ends of the antenna 50 feet of wire in a
coil, and have a 10 foot pigtail, would that improve the operations on 160, and
would it make any difference on 80?  It is up about 80 feet in a tree so that's
 not really very high on 160, but would like something a little better.  73

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.