Re: [TowerTalk] Why preload guy lines?

To: Steve Maki <steve@oakcom.com>,towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Why preload guy lines?
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 23:15:21 -0500
I have a Loos gauge somewhere, plus a Dillon series
dynamometer.  I always wanted to put some wire rope in
series with some 1x7 EHS so the tensions were equal by
definition and compare the readings.  One other test is
also possible and that is to note any bend in the 1x7
EHS before tensioning and then try the Loos in both
orientations --so the bend would add and then would
subtract if it has any effect and compare the two readings.

So there are a couple of easy tests to do.  Just that
I am not going to do them any time soon.  Too many
other things going on at the moment.  And it is a
bit of a moot point for me since I use the Dillon
series dynamometer for everything and I just bought
the Loos gauge so K7LXC could buy a newspaper
and a cup of coffee from his profit!

73--John  W0UN