[TowerTalk] ferrite clip-ons & OCF dipoles

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] ferrite clip-ons & OCF dipoles
From: Lee Crocker <w9oy@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 17:16:58 -0700 (PDT)
If openwire has too big a profile, how about 300 ohm
twin lead?  I have used this on OCF dipole fed about
30% from one end.  The twin lead ran to a ground
mounted grounded balun, then coax to the shack.  It
worked pretty well as far as a easily matchable
multiband antenna.  I used the Radio Shack foam
twinlead 100ft/10bux.

I also had a Carolina Windom at one time until
lightnin' got it and blew the antenna to smitherenes.
It worked about as well as the above setup.  It was
not ten times louder than a beam.

73  W9OY

Yahoo! Mail