Re: [TowerTalk] elevating an HF6V

To: "Roger Parsons" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] elevating an HF6V
From: <>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:22:15 -0500
Roger, VE3ZI, added:

> This is only my experience, but I think you will be disappointed.
> I have an old AV3, which for many years I had on a 20' pole - using a
> radial kit from a Butternut. It was little better than a dummy load - my A4S
> was at least 4 s points better under all circumstances. Last summer I

Hi Roger,
Thanks. I wonder, though, if you weren't disappointed with the elevated
AV3 because of insufficient decoupling between either the pole (if it was
metal) or the shield of the feedline.

The 20-foot length would, I think, disrupt the intended pattern of the AV3.

A former friend once had an R5 roof-mounted, and it performed quite well.

I'll let you know if I get any other feedback.

73, kelly

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.