Re: [TowerTalk] steppIR qsy time

To: Larry Phipps <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] steppIR qsy time
From: Bob Gates <>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 09:43:17 -0700
Since he won't blow his own horn, I'll do it for him.  Larry also manufactures
a nifty little tuning relay you install in line with the controller.  It
prevents keying the amplifier while the Steppir is tuning to the new frequency.
 I bought one for a friend of mine as a gift for helping me get back into the
hobby after a 25 year absence.  He swears by it, and says he's caught himself
more than once rushing to QSY and trying to tune the linear before it's safe.

Bob W7BJ

  And remember, you can still hear with the antenna mistuned... enough to
  allow you to find the first station to call or a clear calling frequency

  Larry N8LP

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.