[TowerTalk] Worm gear winch used on crank up tower

To: "TowerTalk Reflector" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Worm gear winch used on crank up tower
From: "Carl" <>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:16:17 -0400
Anyone using a worm gear winch powered by their cordless drill to raise their
crank-up tower ?  I have a 2 section Hy-Gain tower (HG-37SS) and wondering
about the feasibility of replacing my brake winch with the worm gear winch.
It sure would make it nice to be able to use the cordless drill to raise and
it !  Any thoughts ?

Thanks & 73,
Carl  K8AV

LUCK: When preparation meets opportunity !

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.