Re: [TowerTalk] 160 inverted L

To: "Towertalk" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 inverted L
From: "Tom Osborne" <>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:47:34 -0700
Tom wrote:

> Also, as a general rule the better the radial system (as a
> general rule, do not take this as an "always" rule) the
> lower the antenna feed impedance. It might easily be 15-20
> ohms feed impedance.
> 73 Tom

One thing I did forget to mention.  When I first put this antenna up last
week, I hooked 3 radials about 50 feet long to it.  That was all I had to
test it with.  I found a nice resonant point at 1.825 at about 1.2:1.  After
I disconnected those 3 radials and hooked it up to my radial field, it
resonated down around 1.700.  I shortened it up to where I got the dip at
1.850, but it was still 3:1.  It had the dip at the same place here in the
shack at the end of the coax.  Guess I will build a L network to match it to
the coax.  73

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.