[TowerTalk] HDX555 Raising Fixture

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HDX555 Raising Fixture
From: "Pat Chiles" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:28:48 -0400

I posed this question on Towertalk last fall when installing my HDX555.  If
you look in the archives you will find responses dated 9/30/2004 and
11/13/2004.  There are 8-10 responses.

That being said, I use the same fixture you mentioned to raise from near
horizontal my HDX555, a chromoly mast that weighs 140lbs and sticks out 20
feet, a TH7 at 23 feet when retracted, a XM240 at the end of the mast (42 ft),
and a
rotator plus all the cables.  All of this weighs about 350lbs.

I replaced my stock winch with a Fulton 2500LB that has a 15:1 ratio.  I
believe the stock winch that comes with the fixture is a Fulton 1500LB 5:1
ratio.  The difference is like night and day.

Pat, K8PC

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.