Re: [TowerTalk] ground radials/earth anchors

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ground radials/earth anchors
From: "K4PI" <>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:38:49 +0100
Recently having to lay a lot of ground radials I got tired of cutting wire
and bending it for pinning.  I have gone to "Bobby Pins" of the 2 3/4 inch
version.  These are long enough to easily hold the wire until the grass
takes over.  If you have some heavier wire you need to hold down there are
Roller Pin which are 3 inches long and a little heavier.  I opt for the
cheaper 2 3/4 inch Bobby Pins via the Inet at .  There may
be some cheaper places out there.  Let me know if you find something
cheaper.  I was thinking about the fence staples but got to thinking of how
many flat tires I might incurr while mowing the area and letting my tires
pick up the ones I lost.  73 Mike K4PI

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.