[TowerTalk] Fw: Boom support ropes

To: "towertalk" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: Boom support ropes
From: <>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:28:20 +0200
I won´t have any interaction with antenna and that´s what I was looking for
something non-conductive. I haven´t had good experiences with stainless
steel cables used as guy wires located less than 1ft behind the antenna.
Even I cut them and added lots of isolators and SWR on the antenna changed
when it heads any of the cables (I got a guy system of 3 / 3). I have a
friend on the army who gave me as a present 500ft of kevlar cable and that
was a perfect solution. Unfortunately my friend is in Afghanistan so he
can´t help this time.
Anyway, I have asked for quotes in some stores and seems to be an
expensive material. Just waiting for a message from Texas Towers and will
see. Thanks a lot for your replies and for your help both privately and
through the forum. Greatly appreciated!. 73s
EC1CT Fernando

Phillystran is fine, but hard to get and expensive.  If you really must have
non-conductive (why?), I'd suggest looking for a local supplier of Kevlar or
"Spectra" for sailboat rigging - the small quantity you need should be
economical enough.

73, Pete

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.